|Emergency Ride Home|
Never be stranded in an emergency... We'll get you home!
This FREE program is offered only to those employees at CATMA's member institutions who use an alternate mode of transportation [carpool (riding with a family member is included), vanpool, bike, walk or take the bus] on a regular basis at least two days a week.
Not having a car available for emergency trips home, is one of the drawbacks for people who are considering alternate forms of commuting. To alleviate this worry, CATMA provides an Emergency Ride Home FREE of charge to anyone associated with its member institutions who regularly uses an alternate commute mode. You simply need to register with us as an alternate commuter and we'll issue you a CATMA Commute Smart Card. Please allow at least a week to receive your welcome packet.
If an emergency arises on a day that you used an alternate commute mode, you simply call the taxi company listed on the back of your Card and identify yourself as a CATMA Emergency Ride Home participant. When the cab arrives, show the driver your valid Commute Smart Card. At the end of your ride, sign the voucher the driver presents. The Emergency Ride Home program will pay up to $60 of the fare (approximately 40 miles). You are responsible for any additional charges, including the tip.
Valid emergencies include:
• An immediate family member has an emergency and you are unable to wait for your normal ride home
• A serious problem occurs at your child's school or daycare center (a stop at a school or day care to pick up an ill child is covered)
• You get sick at work and can't wait for your normal ride home
• You have to work mandatory, unscheduled overtime
• Your carpool driver has to leave work early because of an emergency, sickness, or must work unscheduled overtime and you have no other way to get home
• You miss the last bus
• You are a biker or walker that cannot commute home because of inclement weather
• You have a breakdown of your bicycle
This Program Does Not Cover the Following Situations:
• Personal errands
• Pre-planned medical appointments
• Business-related travel
• Anticipated overtime or working overtime without a supervisor's request
• Non-Emergency side trips on the way home
This card CAN NOT be used more than twice a month, or eight times a year, without contacting the CATMA office.
You can register on line for the Emergency Ride Home Program by using the SIGN UP AND REGISTER button. Please allow one week for your welcome packet to arrive.